ISO 50001:2011 Certificate for energy management
European Reliance successfully completed the mandatory energy audit in cooperation with the certification body TÜV NORD and received the ISO 50001:2011 Certificate.
This certificate refers to the energy management system, according to which companies are encouraged to act in a sustainable way and save resources. Through this certificate, companies contribute to the protection of the environment and the climate and at the same time benefit from energy conservation.
The Company, with the successful completion of the audit procedures, achieved among others:
- To be the only insurance company in Greece with this certificate.
- To maintain the appropriate energy policy.
- To identify the energy needs and trace opportunities for improvement.
- To define objective targets on the efficient use of energy.
- To maintain an organizational structure for the effective implementation of an Energy Management System.
European Reliance, by establishing proper energy management practices, reduces the emissions of greenhouse gases, limits the risks related to energy safety and establishes a framework for decrease of the energy cost in its operations.
Moreover, this internationally recognized ISO 50001:2011 Certificate is another verification that the strategic planning of European Reliance General Insurance Co. S. A. totally complies with the International Standards, European Directives and best practices of the Sustainable Development.